Orientation Information and Student forms
Welcome Message from Sound School
Hello Sound School Families,
This is Marc Potocsky, the proud principal of The Sound School, providing you with information for the 2022-2023 school year. I, along with your assistant principal Eric Yuhas, as well as the amazing staff of The Sound School would like to welcome all new and returning families to the start of the new school year. Our mission of the Sound School is to provide an authentic, highly engaging, 21st-century curriculum utilizing aquaculture and agriculture. Our unique setting and resources promote success for all students. We strive to create meaningful learning opportunities, both in and out of the classroom, so students will develop the skills and abilities to think critically, problem solve effectively and apply learning fluently.
For Further information about The Sound School, including our hours of operation as well as policies and procedures please see our school handbook that is located on the ABOUT tab of our website: http://sound.school/
At this time, we are asking you to follow the directions on the web page to complete and sign all necessary forms for The Sound School. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 475-220-6800.
Thank you for your time. We are looking forward to seeing everyone soon.
Mandatory Student Forms (Complete Online)
Parent Orientation Forms
Mandatory forms will need to be completed before start of school.
Access all forms on PowerSchool https://powerschools.nhboe.net/
Only parent or guardian PowerSchool accounts can access the forms.
PowerSchool login instructions and help click here
Please note forms CANNOT be filled using the PowerSchool App.
Important Student information Documents (Read Only. Need to be signed into your NHPS Google account.)
- Physical and Immunization information
- New Haven Department of Health
- Early Childhood Assessment Team
- Early Childhood Program
- SNAP Information
- Student & Family Handbook
- Code of Conduct
- Title I Parent Information
- Transportation Guidelines
Important Student Information Forms (Downoad and Complete. Need to be signed into your NHPS Google account.)
- Medical Statement for Meal Modifications in School Nutrition Programs
- Authorization for the Administration of Medication by School, Child Care, and Youth Camp Personnel
- Library Card Application for Students
- Asthma Action Plan & School Medication Authorization
- School Health Center Permission Form
Online Form (Select Schools)
Print form (English) (Spanish)
- NHPS Dental Enrollment
Online Form (Select Schools)
Addition School Specific Documents
- Sound School website
- 2021-2022 Sound School student parent handbook
- Start Thinking About Running in the Spring of 2023
New Haven Public School Student Representative on the Board of Education
Click for more information