Orientation Information and Student forms
Welcome Message from Riverside Academy
Greetings Students and families. According to our vision statement, “Riverside Academy is an urban alternative school that ensures access to equitable opportunity and successful outcomes for all students as they prepare for our students’ future endeavors. In preparing today’s students to be the adults of tomorrow, we are developing well-rounded, confident, and responsible students who aspire to achieve their full potential to pursue their aspirations and contribute to the world.”
Following are our core values. We believe:
- Equitable opportunities create the foundation necessary for every child to succeed
- A culture of continuous improvement will ensure that all staff are learners and reflective practitioners
- High expectations and standards are necessary to prepare students for college and career
- Collaboration and partnerships with families and the New Haven community will enhance learning and achievement.
Our mission is “to provide our students at Riverside Academy with personalized, authentic, engaging learning experiences through creativity, critical thinking, exploration, innovation, problem-solving, and high-quality instruction by preparing students to be lifelong learners; fostering a culture of continuous improvement through collaborative partnerships with staff, families, stakeholders, and the community; and by supporting students growth and development preparing them for future success beyond high school. Riverside Academy is committed to individualizing academic experiences, and we understand that diversity and inclusion are essential components of our mission.”
Families, please take a moment and click on the links below to fill our the necessary forms.
We are excited for the 2023-2024 school year!!!
Mandatory Student Forms (Complete Online)
Parent Orientation Forms
Mandatory forms will need to be completed before start of school.
Access all forms on PowerSchool https://powerschools.nhboe.net/
Only parent or guardian PowerSchool accounts can access the forms.
PowerSchool login instructions and help click here
Please note forms CANNOT be filled using the PowerSchool App.
Important Student information Documents (Read Only. Need to be signed into your NHPS Google account.)
- Physical and Immunization information
- New Haven Department of Health
- Early Childhood Assessment Team
- Early Childhood Program
- SNAP Information
- Student & Family Handbook
- Code of Conduct
- Title I Parent Information
- Transportation Guidelines
Important Student Information Forms (Downoad and Complete. Need to be signed into your NHPS Google account.)
- Medical Statement for Meal Modifications in School Nutrition Programs
- Authorization for the Administration of Medication by School, Child Care, and Youth Camp Personnel
- Library Card Application for Students
- Asthma Action Plan & School Medication Authorization
- School Health Center Permission Form
Online Form (Select Schools)
Print form (English) (Spanish)
- NHPS Dental Enrollment
Online Form (Select Schools)
Addition School Specific Documents
- Start Thinking About Running in the Spring of 2024
New Haven Public School Student Representative on the Board of Education
Click for more information