James Hillhouse High School
Orientation Information and Student forms
Welcome Message from James Hillhouse High School
Good day families and caregivers. My name is Mark Sweeting and I am very, very pleased to be the new principal of our Hillhouse HS.
My mission is simple:
First: ensure every HH student is SMART: sensible, mature, articulate, respectful, and a teamplayer.
We will use visionary leadership, student centered instruction, and community based partnerships to accomplish this goal.
Second: push all students to be G.O.T.: Graduate On Time… With a focus on attaining positive senior grade status and ensuring every student has an intensive plan for graduation, we will urge and push students to respect their time spent at HH and be more productive and dedicated to the goal of graduation!
Hillhouse is leading the way in creating pathways for students to leave Hillhouse with a diploma, trade, college credits or a degree from Gateway CC. Currently, Hillhouse has pathways concentrating on Manufacturing and Nursing. Both programs are growing and in their second year of maturity.
I hope you take pride in your attendance and dedication to your education; I am counting on it. We cannot graduate a student who isn’t serious about being in class, taking classwork seriously, completing class or homework and, more importantly, creating a better life for him or herself.
The Hillhouse family is ready for the start of this new school year. We hope you’ll be ready as well!
Welcome to Hillhouse, home of the SMART student! See you on August 29th.
Mandatory Student Forms (Complete Online)
Parent Orientation Forms
Mandatory forms will need to be completed before start of school.
Access all forms on PowerSchool https://powerschools.nhboe.net/
Only parent or guardian PowerSchool accounts can access the forms.
PowerSchool login instructions and help click here
Please note forms CANNOT be filled using the PowerSchool App.
Important Student information Documents (Read Only. Need to be signed into your NHPS Google account.)
- Physical and Immunization information
- New Haven Department of Health
- Early Childhood Assessment Team
- Early Childhood Program
- SNAP Information
- Student & Family Handbook
- Code of Conduct
- Title I Parent Information
- Transportation Guidelines
Important Student Information Forms (Downoad and Complete. Need to be signed into your NHPS Google account.)
- Medical Statement for Meal Modifications in School Nutrition Programs
- Authorization for the Administration of Medication by School, Child Care, and Youth Camp Personnel
- Library Card Application for Students
- Asthma Action Plan & School Medication Authorization
- School Health Center Permission Form
Online Form (Select Schools)
Print form (English) (Spanish)
- NHPS Dental Enrollment
Online Form (Select Schools)
Addition School Specific Documents
- James Hillhouse High School website
- James Hillhouse School Student Health Center Digital Permission Form
- Start Thinking About Running in the Spring of 2023
New Haven Public School Student Representative on the Board of Education
Click for more information