Engineering and Science University Magnet School
Orientation Information and Student forms
Welcome Message from Engineering and Science University Magnet School
Hello, I’m principal Medria Blue-Ellis. For over 10 years, I’ve had the pleasure of leading the acclaimed Engineering and Science University Magnet School. Our school mission is that we are a public college preparatory middle and high school that challenges students to imagine investigate and invent while preparing them for demanding stem programs at the collegiate level. Orientation is a time when families and students are presented with our organizational and operational rules, policies and procedures. The rules, policies and procedures can be found in our Student/Parent Handbook, and I encourage you to review them fully and frequently. Doing so will help us to have a safe and orderly environment.
At other times during the school year, I will share instructional updates and programming updates so that you have a full understanding of how ESUMS is meeting the needs of the whole child and providing a world class education.
On behalf of the entire faculty and staff I welcome you back to school. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if you have any concerns or questions or even positive feedback. I include positive feedback because I fully expect that your child will have a wonderful learning experience here at ESUMS.
I thank you for choosing ESUMS and wish you a great school year!
Mandatory Student Forms (Complete Online)
Parent Orientation Forms
Mandatory forms will need to be completed before start of school.
Access all forms on PowerSchool https://powerschools.nhboe.net/
Only parent or guardian PowerSchool accounts can access the forms.
PowerSchool login instructions and help click here
Please note forms CANNOT be filled using the PowerSchool App.
Important Student information Documents (Read Only. Need to be signed into your NHPS Google account.)
- Physical and Immunization information
- New Haven Department of Health
- Early Childhood Assessment Team
- Early Childhood Program
- SNAP Information
- Student & Family Handbook
- Code of Conduct
- Title I Parent Information
- Transportation Guidelines
Important Student Information Forms (Downoad and Complete. Need to be signed into your NHPS Google account.)
- Medical Statement for Meal Modifications in School Nutrition Programs
- Authorization for the Administration of Medication by School, Child Care, and Youth Camp Personnel
- Library Card Application for Students
- Asthma Action Plan & School Medication Authorization
- School Health Center Permission Form
Online Form (Select Schools)
Print form (English) (Spanish)
- NHPS Dental Enrollment
Online Form (Select Schools)
Addition School Specific Documents
- Engineering and Science University Magnet School website
- Welcome Back to School 2021-22
- Start Thinking About Running in the Spring of 2023
New Haven Public School Student Representative on the Board of Education
Click for more information