Brennan Rogers School of Communication and Media
Orientation Information and Student forms
Welcome Message from Brennan Rogers School of Communication and Media
August 4, 2021
Dear Brennan-Rogers Families:
I hope this letter finds you well and enjoying a wonderful summer. It is my honor to serve as your new principal and to welcome everyone back for the 2021-2022 academic school year! As the summer days come to a close, the first day of school is fast approaching. All signs point to an incredible and productive school year and the Brennan-Rogers staff looks forward to opening our classroom doors to all of our wonderful students as we resume classes five days per week at the end of this month.
I know that many of you may have questions about who I am and what I believe about teaching and learning. I’m equally curious and excited to meet each of you and to learn more about your interests and goals. Therefore, I invite you to attend a Back-to-School Outdoor Meet & Greet on Thursday, August 26, 2021 from 1:00–3:00PM (Raindate: Friday, August 27) where you are welcomed to enjoy free food, music, games and give-aways.
Mandatory orientation meetings will also be held on this date (August 26) at the following times:
- 12:00 PM – Outdoor In-Person Orientaton for Grades Pre-K – 4*
- 3:00 PM – Outdoor In-Person Orientation for Grades 5-8*
- 5:00 PM – Virtual Orientation for Grades Pre-K-4
- 6:00 PM – Virtual Orientation for Grades 5-8
*In-person outdoor orientation meetings will be held at the same time on Friday, August 27th in the event of rain.
Please also mark your calendars for the following important dates:
- Monday, August 30th – First day of school for students in grades K-8 (Full Day)
- Wednesday, September 8th – Half-Day for Pre-K students with last names beginning with A-L (9:00 AM – 1:00 PM)
- Thursday, September 9th – Half-Day for Pre-K students with last names beginning with M-Z (9:00 AM – 1:00 PM)
- Friday, September 10th – First full day of school for ALL Pre-K students
Please note that school hours for all students (Pre-K–Grade 8) are 9:15 AM – 3:30 PM.
As always, thank you for choosing Brennan-Rogers as your school of choice and welcome to the 2021-2022 school year.
Your partner in academic excellence,
Kimberly Daniley, Principal
Mandatory Student Forms (Complete Online)
Parent Orientation Forms
Mandatory forms will need to be completed before start of school.
Access all forms on PowerSchool https://powerschools.nhboe.net/
Only parent or guardian PowerSchool accounts can access the forms.
PowerSchool login instructions and help click here
Please note forms CANNOT be filled using the PowerSchool App.
Important Student information Documents (Read Only. Need to be signed into your NHPS Google account.)
- Physical and Immunization information
- New Haven Department of Health
- Early Childhood Assessment Team
- Early Childhood Program
- SNAP Information
- Student & Family Handbook
- Code of Conduct
- Transportation Guidelines
Important Student Information Forms (Downoad and Complete. Need to be signed into your NHPS Google account.)
- Medical Statement for Meal Modifications in School Nutrition Programs
- Authorization for the Administration of Medication by School, Child Care, and Youth Camp Personnel
- Library Card Application for Students
- Asthma Action Plan & School Medication Authorization
- School Health Center Permission Form
- NHPS Dental Enrollment